Pinterest marketing for business
Today every business uses Social media marketing for improving website traffic and visibility. When it comes to marketing your business, social media engagement is the best way to go. Some of the popular social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube have demonstrated the power for social media to influence audience online. Business owners promote their businesses socially by sharing their products and services with followers.
- Worldwide, there are over 1.39 billion monthly active Facebook users in which 890 million people log onto Facebook daily.
- Instagram now has over 300 million members who share more than 70 million photos and videos each day.
- LinkedIn has around 348 million registered users and over 5 million businesses have set a company page on the platform.
Let’s introduce a new trend for your social media engagement. Pinterest marketing!
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a visual discovery, collection, sharing, and storage tool in which users can upload and save images and other media content in the form of pins. In Pinterest, users can create their own pin board and collect their handpicked good stuff pins and save them in their boards. One can follow other’s pin board.
It’s very similar to Facebook as you can see below:
- In Facebook every user has his wall where updates are seen. In Pinterest instead of wall there are Pin Boards where updates can be seen.
- In Facebook we have a ‘Like’ button to like images. In Pinterest we have a heart shaped icon for liking pins.
- In Facebook we refer updates as ‘posts’, in Pinterest we call them ‘pins’.
- In Facebook we have a ‘Share’ button to share other’s content on our wall. In Pinterest we have a ‘Pin It’ button to share it in our pin boards.
Pinterest for business!
Pinterest is growing fast. Pinterest marketing could help your business as a part of your online marketing mix.
See how Pinterest helps businesses. Below are some interesting facts to target your customer on Pinterest:
- Pinterest has over 70 million users
- 83 percent of active users prefer to follow a brand than a notable celebrity
- 70% of the audience that use Pinterest is female
- More than 11 billion pins are based on food and fashion related pins
- Most of the Men on Pinterest have interests in Food & Drink, Technology, DIY/Crafts, Men’s Fashion and Cars & Motorcycles.
If you want your business to be big, here’s why you should start pinning. Below are some reasons why your business needs Pinterest Marketing.
Reasons why your business needs Pinterest Marketing
1. Strengthen Your Brand
Pinterest helps to personalize your page with your business name and logo to gain maximum exposure every time you pin an image. You can describe the nature of your business by including your website. Pinterest also provides advance option to link your other social networks. If your business has various services or products, you can create different pin boards and add products or services in relevant boards.
2. Drive Heavy Traffic
Beside your pins there are CTAs such as ‘Like’ and ‘Pin it’. It also gives a ‘Visit Site’ button which leads visitor to your website driving more traffic. Once he visits your website and he likes stuff there, he may pin it directly from your website in his pinboard (similar to FB share feature). It helps creating viral visibility and high traffic to your brand.
3. Market Research
Most of the Pinterest users are women. But still they have kids, husbands and friends who they can shop for. Pinterest provides you with overview of what is trending in the market, which products are most liked by the customers which helps you in the market research.
4. Gain New Customers
Once your pin starts getting popularity in various pinboards, you will get maximum amount of views and clicks on your pin even by those visitors who have not pinned it. Therefore, you have a higher chance of gaining new customers with your pins.
5. Excellent SEO Strategy
Pinterest is a site which is regularly indexed by search engines. If a visitor Googles for keywords which you have used in creating of your Pinterest page and boards, most probably the visitor will find your pinterest page in Google search result at high ranking.
6. Increase Visibility and Build Reputation
Pinterest can help your brand gain exposure. One can share work, advice, tips and useful resources from his field of expertise and can position himself as an expert in his niche.
Some of the Pinterest Tips
- Write an interesting profile and make it informative which tells your audience about you
- Before creating your own boards, see what topics your competitors cover and talks about so you can create boards in the proper way.
- Add your main website address to the page and complete the Pinterest verification process which helps to boost your website ranking in the search results
- Give each board an informative name and fill relevant information and pins
- Optimize URLs of your boards, pins and all the images that you upload
- Make sure you add the Pinterest share button to all of your product and content pages on your website and blog
- Include CTAs in your boards and pins
Hope you liked this article! For any Social Media Marketing requirement contact us and we will be happy to serve you.